Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More to come from the DeSarro Family!

This picture was taken Sunday the 22nd of July. We were blessed to share about our trip at church. Our family is all together now and we are all so full of peace and our heart are overflowing with JOY!
As far as the "blog" there is more to come. We still have not shared our last 2 amazing days in Africa or our incredible homecoming. We are so thankful to so many of you who have blessed us and been such an important part in seeing Hadassah come home to her family. We love you all and thanks God for the wonderful friends and family we have to share life with.
Cecilia and Hasassah are wearing matching outfit from my uncle Robbie and aunt Susan. Ceci has been waiting to ware them for at least 3 months and was beside herself Sunday morning when she got to dress her sister and then herself in these beautiful outfits. Rob and Susan are so special to us and are blessed to have 2 of the cutest little ones from Ethiopia. They have darling brothers who are 1 and 3. We used the same agency and had wanted to travel together, but their process went a little faster. We are so excited to have Ethiopian cousins! We love the Wempe family!
So check back there will be more to come in the next week or so. It is hard for me to do Internet as you can imagine with 4 dear little ones. We only have dial up which does not work with pictures so I have to go to the ranch. Thanks again to all we love for being a part of this joyful experience!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Amanda!
Jenny Moore told me about your blog...you are such a beautiful family.
We are also adopting from Ethiopia! Two little girls (sisters) age 4 and 1. Our process has stalled, but we hope to travel before the end of the year.
Please email me if you get a chance. Jenny and I are trying to put together a Yahoo group for African Adoptive Families of Montana, we'd love it if you would join. We're hoping to have get togethers once or twice a year so our kids will be able to know other African children in Montana!
God bless you and your family. I so enjoyed reading your blog!

Jenn said...

oops! forgot to leave my email address...
grovesqueen@hotmail.com
Hope to hear from you!

Jenny Sand said...

Matt & Amanda,
I just wanted you to know that I've been reading your blog and am so inspired by your hearts of obedience. I am blown away by God's favor on your lives. Your faith challenges me to grow closer to Jesus and trust Him with every detail of my life. I can't even imagine a more wonderful home for Hadassah. I am so hoping that there will be an opportunity for those of us here in Spearfish to meet her and to hear more of your wonderful stories. Thanks for sharing your journey. Love you! Jenny Sand

emory said...

Matt, Amanda, Dominic, Ceclia, Remi, & Hadassah -

Congratulations on your beautiful addition to your family. It appears as if God has his had firmly on your family! God bless you & your family. Matt told me about your blog & it is absolutely touching, inspiring, & beautiful. So sweet. I cannot wait to meet her. Let me know if you need anything at all! All the best to you, Erin, Billy, & Will Oley

Krista said...

Hi Amanda...

I don't think we ever met, but I am a good friend of Jenny Sand. We talked on the phone last night and she told me your story...I remember her telling me about you and Matt a long time ago (maybe a story about your marriage...) Today she sent me the link to your blog and I don't even have words...I am so amazed...even reading it I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and a purpose so great that if you were to see it all at once, it would be like Moses trying to look at God...I had a worship leader's gathering right after I read it and I felt led to pray for your family, for Hadassah, and God did something in my heart and I cry every time I think of it...She has been touched by God and will be used by God...It led me to pray all the more for our youth group and youth leaders who are in Uganda right now constructing new buildings at an HIV/AIDS orphanage. This may sound strange that I am sharing this, but I believe that God has shown me that one of the leaders who is over there leading the youth is to be my husband. I am just trusting God's leading and timing, but reading about the heart of your husband for you and these children led me to pray that God would do the same if I am to marry this man. Thank you, Thank you for sharing your story...It is full of the Glory of God!!! I will keep praying for your whole family!

Krista said...

Hi Amanda,
I talked to Jenny today and she said you spoke in Spearfish and might have wondered how to contact me...She gave me encouraging words from you at the right moment when I needed them today...Praise God!

Please don't feel that you have to at all, but I am going to put my email address just so you would have it, and also my blog site.
kristafawn1@yahoo.com
www.kristafawn.blogspot.com

Take Care!
Krista