Monday, July 2, 2007

Referral!!!

We wanted to share our wonderful news. We received our referral yesterday April 17th 2007. I was so emotional and could hardly take it all in. After I got a grip with my heart full of pure joy the kids and I planned a surprise to tell my Matty who was at work.
We hiked up to the top of a mountain behind our house with a beautiful view of the Bear Tooth Mountains to plant our surprise. When Matt got home from work the kids enthusiastically asked him to go on a hike with us. Our kids are 4, 4, and 2, they were beside themselves with excitement about their baby sister and telling their papa. Matthew saw the gifts wrapped up with big bows on the rock and said “Oh Amanda it is our Monthaversary today and I did not do anything for you, I’m sorry I forgot. (We celebrate every month on the 17th the day of month we got married. We have been married for 93 months now.) So he opened the first gift. Inside was a letter from his baby girl. On the front it said “Hello papa! God has heard your prayers and answered it said my name is Zafua…” it went on to tell her story. My husband has an amazing smile, but this was the best smile ever. He opened the second box it had a beautiful pink dress and a card that said “So how old am I Papa? Mommy bought me this dress in size 12-18 months… how long until it fits me?” Matt guessed 3 months! He opened the card and it said “not for a long time, I am only 7 weeks old!” Matt was now smiling with tears running down his check and kissing the kids and I was videoing and sobbing in the microphone of the camera. The third box was wrapped extra special and it was a framed picture of our beautiful little girl. We all had a toast with sparking grape juice and talked about our baby. It was a great moment in our lives. The kids love our baby and have been carrying her framed picture everywhere they go. My heart is so full… How can you love this much once again…

No comments: